Gifts and Collectibles to Support the Gustave Koerner House
Commemorative Wine Glasses $10.00 per pair, cash and carry; $15.00 by mail. Inscribed with Gustave Koerner’s signature and birth date.
The Gustave Koerner House
A Collectible, Wooden Replica produced by Cat’s Meow and FJ Designs, Incorporated. Limited number commissioned. $20.00 each; $25.00 by mail.
Illinois’ German Heritage
Edited by Don Heinrich Tolzmann, University of Cincinnati (2005), 190 pages, bibliography, heavily footnoted. $16.00 each, cash and carry; $18.00 by mail.Includes the following chapters:
- German immigration and settlement in southern and central Illinois (two chapters translated from Gustave Koerner’s book Das deutsche Element in den Vereinigten Staaten von Nordamerika, 1818-1848
- A chapter from Andrew Jacke Townsend’s The Germans of Chicago
- Three chapters on influential Germans in Illinois: Friedrich Hecker, Francis A. Hoffmann, and Gustave Koerner
- A survey of the German element in Illinois to the present day.
By Robert C. Fietsam, Jr., Judy Belleville, and Jack LeChien 127 pages. $20.00 each; $23.00 by mail.A generous collection of images and other representations from available archives are used to chronicle Belleville’s rise to prominence in regional and state politics, as well as successes in agribusiness, mining, banking, industrial, manufacturing, and retail economic sectors. Each photograph is accompanied by descriptive text in historical context.
Missouri’s German Heritage
Edited by Don Heinrich Tolzmann, University of Cincinnati (2004), 137 pages, bibliography, resource list. $16.00 each; $18.00 by mail. Includes three translated and annotated chapters written by Gustave Koerner:
- “German Immigration and Settlement”
- “St. Louis as a German-American Center”
- “German-American Life”
For info on the availability of the above call 618 235 6471.